Wednesday, June 13, 2012

LInux Kernel grieving...


Sometimes kernel-development happens at the pace of glacial advance... Here's an example:

This kernel patch, which makes a FastTrack Pro audio interface work in 24bit/96khz mode was already floating around in different forms about the time I bought this device in 2007, the existence of this patch  made me think that it will be well-supported soon, and it was one of the main reasons why I had chosen this hardware in the first place.

But as it never found its way into the regular ALSA, despite being put into bug-/feature-reports, a few wikis about audio under Linux and mailed to the alsa-maintainers, I had given up on ever seeing it merged into the mainline kernel.

But the unbelievable thing has happened: I just noticed that it has indeed found its way into the Linux kernel about 11 months ago.

Note to self: Put this in /etc/modprobe.d/my-alsa-config.conf:

options snd_usb_audio index=1 vid=0x0763 pid=0x2012 device_setup=0x09

No comments: